Saturday, February 21, 2015

Newest Interest in Crafting - Micro Macrame

Originally published on wordpress.com on 1/19/15
So I have decided to take up another type of craft, this time micro macrame. My Mom was big into Macrame in the 70's ton's of plant hangers were made, but I never considered it on a smaller scale and the beauty it could add to jewelry. I also have become fascinated with knot tying also as a piece of jewelry but this isn't going very well.
So back to micro macrame, I like it and I seem to be catching on to the basic moves, yeah me!
Here are a few basic things I have learned -
  1. Keep your anchor cord in the hand that is the direction you are going. For example if you are going left to right keep the cord in your right hand.
  2. Keep the anchor cord always on top
  3. A vertical half hitch will show the anchor cord color and when complete should be going in the direction the row you are creating
  4. A horizontal half hitch will show the warp of cord hanging down and should hang down again when finished
  5. The cord can flip when being pulled tight be careful to watch that the half hitch is forming with the proper cord, if not pull it back a few inches and try again.
So those are a few observations so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment