Saturday, February 21, 2015

In a totally different place

Originally published on wordpress.com 12/8/2014
Since I lasted posted my life is in a totally different place. For one I am semi-retired, or rather taking a break, or seeing if I can put a craft related business together as well as possibly fund another business model in a few months. The options are many but for now I am weighing them all to choose the best path. The thing I want most this time is to do something I really enjoy doing, not something that just brings in the money. I was very good at what I did but not good at the politics that went with the job, what can I say I am too honest to play games.
I have also moved from the west coast back to the east coast, and now I am nearer my parents. After a couple of health scares this is truly a wonderful thing; to know I can get home in a few hours by cars, much different from Cali where our only option was an expensive plane flight. Also since we have a dog going home to Mom & Dad's is much easier, don't have to figure out should we board her or not, because taking her cost almost as much as one ticket. No now Mitzy can go with us, in fact I think we wouldn't be welcome home without her.
Lazy Mitzy
P1030981My days now are filled with almost my perfect dream, living in the mountains being able to design, make, assemble craft ideas by day and spending time with hubby at night. The most frustrating thing is too many ideas are coming, but when I go to make them I hate them. Grrr. Also I am scattered with all different disciplines in a little bitty space not designed for being a studio. Hence why I say almost perfect dream, the location is right, the space is not. I have a limited number of my supplies around me, they have to be shifted almost on a daily basis to make room for this or that, things are getting lost!
 
So what are my focus areas right now - taking a Craftsy class on Freeform Crochet, love it;IMG_0316 IMG_0317making Holiday cards with new Cricut Explore, wow is this machine so much better than its predecessors; knitting a lace scarf, trying my hands at creating my own design; finishing Rob's scarf for Christmas; cross stitch for Dad; Kumihimo example dictionary for Mom; bead necklace for GA Shoppe; working on Dog & Cat hexie quilt; working on flower hexie quilt, and now also exploring options to do things with blown eggs.
Yesterday I played with my dremal  and found the egg is a lot stronger than I imagine and I was able to scribble on the egg and cut precise pieces out.
Dremal Practice

No comments:

Post a Comment