Saturday, February 21, 2015

Big & Purple

Originally posted 1/30/15
Started: 2013
Completed: TBD
Size:
Type: Traditional piecing
This quilt is based on a layer cake (10"x 10" pieces of cut fabric) I purchased from Wal-Mart in 2010. It sat for years in my stash, than one weekend in the summer of 2013 I decided I wanted to do something quick and easy. Most of my quilts are usually pretty involved. So I designed this on the fly, but I found out as I was piecing it together, Wal-mart's layer cake pieces are not all exactly the 10x10 they are supposed to be, so the seams didn't match up. So this quick and easy project turned out to be a bit more involved than I would have liked. So once the top was done wasn't too happy with the seams so it got put to the side. I am going to try to find the time this year to finish this, but I don't think it will make on the 10 UFO Challenge List.

No comments:

Post a Comment